Sunday, March 9, 2014

Atta Girl!

Friday before I left work my boss wanted to get some feedback from me on what I thought was working and what I thought we could do better.  And then she asked me how I felt like I could be more engaged with my job?  I had to think and just gave her a generic answer of we could use some better team work around here.  Last night I walked out and got the mail before I went to night 3 of 3 in a row for me this week and opened this card.  I almost started crying by what it said.  At that moment I realized that I don't go to work for my job, I go to work for my patients.  And I don't feel bad sharing my story with them because we can then somehow connect on a deeper level.

When I initially read this card, I had no idea who this David Reese guy was, but after asking around I found out he is some VP type big wig...I was floored that he was impressed enough to tell me thank you.  So David Reese if you ever somehow stumble upon this entry...Thank you for making my night and making me realize that I could care less what the company/hospital can do for me...I really only care about my patients and how they feel at the end of my shift.  I only care that I did everything for my patient that I could to make her stay as good as it could possibly be.  This is why I am a nurse.


No comments:

Post a Comment