Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lots of Reading

In my previous life I was an English lit major.  I paid a lot of money to read books.  Most of them I found horribly boring, but once in a while the professor would pick out a good one.  I could never be a teacher as my patience runs too thin for excuses and whining, but I often think about what I would pick for my virtual class would read.  Do professors pick based on books they find interesting or what is recommended for that type of class?

I usually stick to fiction novels, but I felt it time to venture out and choose a autobiography/memoir. I am pleasantly surprised at my choice.  It is actually very good and I have a hard time putting it down.  Its called Tracks: one woman's journey across 1,700 miles of australian outback by Robyn Davidson.  Apparently it is going to be a movie.  I can't lie, this is why I picked it.  I hate starting a book to find it hideously hard to read and slow paced just because I am totally uninterested.  A book that is going to be a movie can't be too boring right?  Well thats I how I pick them, based on their cover.  I paid thousands of dollars for my degree and I make my literature selections based on their cover.  I have to say I am rarely disappointed.   I would like to think that my students would think I was the coolest lit prof ever...wink wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment