Monday, January 19, 2015

New Year's resolution

It's been a while since I've posted. This year I hope to post a little more. One of my new year's resolutions is to be as real as possible with myself and others. Over last year I've had to hold my tongue, especially on social media, for fear of compromising our adoption. Not that I would have, but you never know if your opinions on a controversial topic will cause ripples in the water and how far those ripples will travel. I opted to keep my posts to a minimum.  Who knows who reads this anyway. I started this blog as a journal for me and just maybe someone some day will read it and relate. Who knows.

So that being said, our adoption was finalized Dec 15th. Such a happy day. James is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. He's pretty much my world. He's perfect. The agency we worked with was very helpful.  They were on top of every thing. And for what we paid them they should have been.  However, now that we are finalized they are very slow to return the money that was left over. We had to give them our life savings within 48 hours and we've been finalized over a month now. It would be nice to pay some bills.

It makes me a bit sad to think that James will likely be our only child. I never want to put a number on his head because how can you say a child costs this amount of money? It's not like we bought our child... or did we? Anyway I refuse to put a number on his head. Unfortunately we may not be able to come up with a substantial amount of money again. I feel that James is supposed to have siblings so for now I'm leaving it up to God's plan. I need more time to love on him anyway; another child would be too much for my heart to handle, it would probably explode.


No comments:

Post a Comment